A proper ultrasonic signal is nearly impossible to obtain if the process doesn’t begin with good quality ultrasound gel.
The SonoGel, top-of-the-line, dye-free ultrasound gel is the ideal solution for medical professionals, healthcare facilities, medical spas, and others who seek clean, unadulterated ultrasonic results.
- A medical grade gel
- No alteration of the signal being transmitted from the probe as well as the signal being received back from the body, ensuring clear image quality
- Dye free / Fragrance free: No blue dyes and fragrance used to ensure no damages to your probes. Gentle enough for your bare hands
- Non-staining / Non-damaging
- Unlike many of the alternative ultrasound gels and echo gels on the market, The SonoGel with color-free ultrasound jelly is void of colorants and other impure additives, many of which are known to interfere with a transducer’s reading.
- The SonoGel with tried-and-tested echo gel formula enables your ultrasonic equipment to perform at peak levels. In the end, results obtained when using our the SonoGel as a transmission medium are much more accurate and clearer than those obtained by way of gels that contain signal interfering dyes and additives.
- The SonoGel also has the added benefit of being less likely to irritate patients with sensitive skin. Some of the chemicals used as a dye in ultrasonic gels are known to cause problems. With our clear ultrasound gel, this is never an issue.
How to Use and Caution
The gel is used as a conductive medium by creating a bond between the probe or transducer and the patient’s skin. The sound waves in an ultrasound have difficulty moving through air so the gel is used as a preventative measure to make sure that there is no airspace between the skin and the probe. This allows a clear image to be produced. Therefore, make sure to apply enough gel on the tip of the probe. Ultimately, the more gel that is being used during the procedure, the better the images appear.
The SonoGel is for external use only and should not be used in:
- Any invasive procedures in which a device is passed through the tissue
- Any procedure on or near broken skin, such as fresh surgical site or an open wound
- Patients with an immunodeficiency or on immunosuppressive therapy.
- Any neonates or critically ill pediatric patients.
- Mucous membranes
- Critically ill patients or patients in contact-, airborne- or droplet- transmission-based precautions.
After the scanning is finished, make sure to wipe up the probe to make sure all the gel is removed before you put the probe in storage.
Store in original container(s) in areas inaccessible to children. Keep securely closed. Discard empty container(s) in trash or recycle if available. Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by improper storage or disposal. Store in a cool dry place. Store away from direct sunlight.
Discard product if package is damaged or evidence of contamination is present. To avoid contamination, tips of containers should not come into contact with patient, staff or instruments. Apply SonoGel to transducer surface, and not directly on to the patient.